The Challenge-Ferndown version of the popular, lightweight Challenge drawing board from Blundell Harling is slightly more sturdy and versatile than the original. It has 4 adjustable working angles (15, 30, 45 and 60 degrees), as well as being slightly heavier and robust.
It also features a cross-wire parallel motion, which runs on a pulley system allowing a high level of control as well as easy movement. The board also includes a transparent acrylic straight edge with a graduated graphics scale for accurate, technical drawing.
This particular model was design with hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts, as well as students and trainee architects or engineers, in mind. It is both cost-effective and reliable.
- Available sizes: 2 (A1 or A2)
- Motion system: Crosswire parallel motion system
- Straight edge: Yes, graduated transparent straightedge
- Angles: 4 (15, 30, 45 or 60 degrees)
- Portability: Lightweight, stand folds to work as carry handle
- Ideal for: Students, beginner technical illustrators, trainee architects etc.
- Dimensions: 92 x 65 x 1.5cm (A1) or 65 x 47 x 1.5cm (A2)
- Weight: 8.3kg or 4.6kg