Dylon are experts in colour, their range of colours inspire a whole spectrum of ideas.
You can wake up your wardrobe, revive a faded top or brighten some cushion covers with colour, ease and permanent results you'll be proud of! Helpful Hints: You will need 250g of salt.
A single pack will dye up to 250g of fabric (e.g. a shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to a lighter shade.
Suitable for use on cotton, linen and viscose.
Lighter shades will be achieved on wool, silk, polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes.
Not suitable for pure polyester, acrylic, nylon and fabric with special finishes.
Note: Dying on top of another colour will result in a colour mix (e.g. Red + Blue = Purple)
How To Use:
- Weigh dry fabric, wash thoroughly. Leave damp.
- Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water.
- Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C).
- Stir in 250g (10tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well.
- Submerge fabric in water.
- Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins.
- Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water & dry away from direct heat & sunlight.