London Graphic Centre is the leading supplier of art and graphic materials to the design community. Our flagship store in Covent Garden is regarded as a major outlet of its kind, offering unparalleled choice from the world’s leading suppliers.
Please be aware that we do not actively recruit via email. If you have received any emails offering job opportunities with London Graphics, this has not been sent or authorised by London Graphic Centre. We would advise you not to respond to any emails of this sort. If you are in doubt, please call us on 020 7759 4500.
Description – Retail Administrator
Inspiring seriously creative people
To provide the products, the space,
and the knowledge that help spark creativity
21 hrs per week – some
flexibility may be required
Monday – 8:00 - 4:00
Tuesday – 9:30 - 5:30
Wednesday – 9:30 - 5:30
To assist the Store Manager and
Managing Director with all aspects of LGC retail administration including
operations, health and safety and recruitment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Book in appraisal dates for Store Manager
and arrange appropriate paperwork for
• Ensure all hard copy documents are filed in
Collate & review CVs for Sales Assistant vacancies. Arrange interviews and
• Update and maintain correct staff contact details
on the Rota contact list and distribute to Store or Floor Manager.
• Fire drill planning and report filing.
• Conduct weekly fire alarm call point checks.
• Update and maintain LGC Fire Evacuation
Plan. Inc. providing training for new fire wardens and keeping training program
update in line with Evacuation plan.
• Conduct monthly emergency lighting checks.
• Ensuring fire exits are kept clear and action where necessary
• Administering and maintaining the London
Graphic Centre Health and Safety policy and program.
• Maintaining all records and staff documents,
and working with group H&S to develop and maintain Health and Safety Program
across London Graphic Centre. Inc. coordinating H&S training, in house and external
• Carrying out H&S inductions for new starters.
• Maintenance of H&S paperwork within staff files.
• Ensuring correct or updated H&S signage
is displayed, including age restricted products at till points and for the shop
• Oversee store maintenance including cleaners,
vending machine, Sentinel Water (now Suez) and all store maintenance contracts.
Ensure accompanying documents & certificates are scanned/filed, action
• Special ad hoc maintenance i.e. arranging
floor polishing, graffiti removal, etc.
• Renewal of TV license.
• Arranging annual PAT testing
• Order store supplies including price labels,
RRP labels, euro slots, ad hoc display/packaging for special events. Purchase
greeting cards, presents, bonus gifts, etc. for staff. Purchasing food &
drink for special events.
AD HOC DUTIES:
• Raising housekeeping concerns and action where
staff notice board and producing notices where necessary.
at in-store events where appropriate
old usable stock to charity
MD and Store Manager with any documentation for special projects
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com